[rescue] Laserdisc players Re: Hello?

Grant Stevens gstevens at dnaco.net
Fri Apr 5 14:01:23 CST 2002

I'm not sure if they put it in the analog tracks too, but I don't see
why not.  I know it's usually encoded in the digital tracks for sure.
 It might even vary from disc to disc.
I agree that "real" (multiple discrete channel) surround sound is
better, but Dolby Surround from the PCM channels on laser disc sounds
surprisingly close to Dolby Digital or DTS.  As far as I know, Dolby Pro
Logic just applies to decoders.  I believe it implies that the Dolby
Surround is decoded digitally, instead of using passive analog circuits.
 As far as I know, nothing is *encoded* Dolby Pro Logic.
I would agree that HiFi VHS audio is better quality than analog laser
disc audio.  There's something just not right about the analog laser
disc audio.

Grant Stevens