[rescue] Re: Linux Luserisms (was: secondary market storage?)

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Wed Apr 3 10:42:57 CST 2002

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, judy hertz wrote:

> >On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 09:48:51AM -0500, William Enestvedt wrote:
> >
> >Something like "STAGES OF A COMPUTER COLLECTOR:"
> >
> >1.  "UNIX?  Is that like Linux?"
> >2.  "Wow, I cant beleive people throw this stuff away"
> >3.  "I need a bigger truck."
> >4.  "I need more storage space."
> >5.  "Time to get 20amp service to the house."
> >
> >etc... anybody care to contribute to the list? 8-)
>
> I have a DSU/CSU & Cisco 2501 actually hooked up in my attic waiting
> for T1 prices to come down....how's that for delusional?

If you moved to be within zero-mile range for a T1, that would be pretty
noteworthy. Distance was the only reason I didn't have a T1 to my
apartment in '95... worked for an ISP who would give me clear channel T1
for $300/mo plus loop, and I lived on the wrong side of Ditch Rd in
Indianapolis to be on the same CO as the ISP. :)

More recently, I bought the wireless thingie for my Palm Vx so I could do
DSL checks when I was looking for an apartment/house. Now I'm pondering
moving near a CO for zero-mile bennies.

--Rob