[rescue] damn you bill, now i'm a lowbrow fan too

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Wed Apr 3 00:10:05 CST 2002

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 11:06:12PM -0500, Michael Schiller wrote:
> I regularly shoot a .44 special, and a .45 auto (gov model of course), and while they're loud, after shooting them for years (and possibly from starting to go deaf) I can empty the clip, then turn and talk to somebody in a normal volume. Of course,

i shot a .38 years and years and years ago without ear protection.  my ears
rang for most of an hour.  i also managed to not hit a damn thing. :)

> shooting like they did in pulp fiction (in a small enclosed space) would be REALLY loud (much louder than in a field), and I doubt even I could have a normal conversation after that. :)

enclosed space bad.  i would never shoot in an enclosed space without ear
protection.  i LIKE to be able to hear after all. :)

> Now for something that's REALLY loud, try either a shotgun, or a high powered rifle (I have a 7mm remington magnum rifle, it's louder than loud)

i've shot 30-06, 30-30 and 12 gauge quite often over the years.  never went
hunting with the 12 guage, and never hit anything with the rifles.  did some
bow hunting once too.  that's kinda fun.  didn't get me anything that time
either.  as it turns out i'm not a very good shot (i have squirley nerves and
it's hard for me to hold still long enough to get a good bead on someting, even
if it's a paper target and never moves, i'd be better off with a sub-machine
and just spraying the area where the target is hoping to hit it)

man.  all this talk of guns makes me want to go out and shoot again.  i should
get my license renewed.

-brian
--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)