[rescue] 1st SGI purchase

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Tue Apr 2 16:10:41 CST 2002

Jochen Kunz wrote:

> On 2002.04.02 23:00 Big Endian wrote:
>
> > Mac OS X has this,
> I am not surprised that this bloated eye candy stuff has this. But where
> was MacOS 10 years ago when IRIX had it?
>
> > and I belive Open/NextStep had it too.
> Never seen this, unfortunately. But if you can give me a PSU for my
> black turbo slab or a PA-RISC distro of NS for my HP 9k712/60... ;-)
> --

You can use a PC power supply, but IIRC the color coding is
backwards so be careful!  yellow=5v, red=12v or something.
The best way is to plug a Y adapter in to the HD power
socket on the MB.   You also have to put a resistor
across the power sense pin on the main power connector,
and -12 for the serial port (on main power connector).

KL