[rescue] 1st SGI purchase

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Apr 2 15:54:54 CST 2002

On 2002.04.02 23:07 Bill Bradford wrote:

> The "bang" is that Nidec/Power General power supply blowing again. 8-)
:-)
Reminds me of the Indy at the Unix-AG. The machine switched on and off
herself by occasion. Evil hackers runing halt(8) with a scheduled power
up? Black magic? No. It was the PSU. It reacted to vibrations. It was
enough to drop a cable on the table and the machine made a shut down or
powered up. When I discovered this I took the PSU apart, nothing to see.
Reassembled it and now it is running well. In Germany we call this the
"Generic Kreidler Repair Method". ;-)
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen