[Rescue] SysadZen (was: wrong list)

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Tue Apr 2 11:40:06 CST 2002

> I prefer OS/hware agnosticism, all computers suck, because they are all
> broken; a computer is in its natural state when broken. A list that
> reflects an understanding of this basic law serves to assist the Sys
> Acolyte in the pursuit of Pure Brokenness.

Mmmmm... Sysadmins are usually Taoists by practice, seeking balance,
tranquility and the path of least resistance...

So, the natural state of a system is to seek Borkenness.  The Sysadmin seeks
to carefully balance a number of ever changing factors in an effort to keep
that system at the totally unnatural state we refer to as Workingness.

Much like attempting to balance a merry-go round on the point of a pencil,
Except that we're trying to balance the whole damn amusement park...

George