[rescue] RE: somewhat OT: secondary market storage?

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.Helsinki.FI
Tue Apr 2 03:07:53 CST 2002

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 02:59:43AM -0500, s at avoidant.org wrote:
> Bill Bradford wrote:
> > Didnt someone say "linux is only cost-effective if your time is free", or
> > something like that? 8-)
>
> Only true, in my opinion, if you have a pathological desire to be on the
> bleeding edge. Which, admitedly, most linux kids tend to.

Well, often things feel like you're playing catch-up with things (like
LVM) that should have been there from the start. And then there's bug
fixes...

At least it gets some people to broaden their perspectives and learn
some new bits when they have to fix early stuff that breaks and compile
things made by people with some weird ideas etc =)

--
You can't modify a constant, float upstream, win an argument with the IRS, or
satisfy this compiler