[rescue] Linux Luserisms (was: secondary market storage?)

Linc Fessenden linc at thelinuxlink.net
Mon Apr 1 21:02:47 CST 2002

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 08:15:35PM -0500, Linc Fessenden wrote:
> > Very true - I must have missed your point.  You'll have to excuse my
> > assumptions - I see a *lot* of linux bashing around here from people who
> > haven't run it since pre 1.0...  It get's tiring and you have my
> > apologies.
>
> I've run everything from Yggdrasil 0.99.13, to the latest RedHat
> betas and Debian... Linux has its good points, but it has an equal
> number of faults.  It all depends on what needs you have.
>
> Bill

Sure, but all OS's are that way.  One of the things I like most about
Linux is the ability to weed out the things I don't like.  Admitedly there
are some distros like Redhat and Suse that stuff every damn thing onto
your system weather you want it or not, but there are some really good
ones that are *thinner* like Slackware and Pygmy Linux, etc. that you can
build a nice, clean, and reliable system from.

--
-Linc Fessenden