[rescue] Linux Luserisms (was: secondary market storage?)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Apr 1 19:08:26 CST 2002

> Here we go again with more poorly informed people who think RedHat is the
> only and defacto Linux distro out there.  As far as the Linux is not Unix

I've been using Linux since 1995.  I've used, managed, and developed
aganst every distro with decent marketshare.  I've also used a lot of
other operating systems, and I find the overwhelming majority of Linux
distributions to be not to my liking for a hoarde of reasons.  Disliking
something does not imply ignorance.

That being said, I just took down my Linux firewall about two weeks ago to
make a Linux telephony toy out of it--purely because the need is there,
and Linux has the hardware support.

> argument...  Who gives a flying crap?  If it walks like a duck and talks
> like a duck, it's a duck.  Doesn't matter what you call that duck, it's
> still a duck.  You people get way to hung up on semantics.

To risk being compared against someone else, I'm going to say "you've
missed my point."  I wasn't knocking -Linux- with that comment, but the
folks who go "ooh!  I can install a printer with control-panel.  I can
surely administer a couple dozen Suns, SGIs, and such.  Wait... what's
this VT thing?  Where's my GNOME?  Waaah."

--Jonathan