[rescue] alive and kicking

David Passmore rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 25 16:48:11 CDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 03:31:13PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Apparently it tore the shit out of College Park, just a few miles
> south of here.

Oddly enough, though I live in Silver Spring, I found myself eating a late
lunch in the Hard Times Cafe on the corner of Route 1 and Cherry Hill. It
was raining slightly, when a fellow walks outside to have a cigarette. He
promptly runs back in, shouts 'there's a funnel cloud headed this way' and
runs into the kitchen. 10 seconds later the tornado passed right over the
restaurant... it was like a strong hurricane (I grew up on the gulf coast)
and I thought the windows were going to shatter.

Fortunately, myself and my car parked right outside made it out unscathed,
though there were many broken windshields, uprooted trees, etc.

David