[rescue] PA-RISC HP workstations

Mike Nicewonger rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 21 20:54:25 CDT 2001

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, you wrote:
> They've got some HP PA-RISA Visualize (sp?) 8110(?) workstations at work
> -- they have an ethernet port and a tape drive... What else can these
> beasts do, or be useful at? What's the proc and how does it compare to
> ix86 (sorry Dave)?

I can see the beer at work here :)

DO you mean a B-110 system?

The PA-RISC CPU line is a terific thing, they are more geared toward floating
point performance for things like CAD. Most od the 100MHz plus CPU's make a
reasonalble desktop box if you can come to grips with HP-UX.

If you have a B-100 it will be a PA-RISC LC7100 at 120 MHz Depending on what
Visualize board you have it will have nice graphics too :)

-Mike N (About to bring my J-210 with dual 120 MHz CPU's 1 GB memory and
Visualize-48 online. Just waiting for 11i)