[rescue] LX & 3/80

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 17 12:19:25 CDT 2001

Yeah, I guess those type boxes go back to the AMPRO
Z-80 and the Xerox 820 boards that literally bolted
onto either a 5 1/4" or 8" drive...

But the idea of putting "old" hardware in an "old"
case has been done (see any old computer!), but the
idea of a pair of 300 -> 450 MHz UltraSPARC CPUs, 2
Gig RAM, and dual SCSI chains with a nice Walnut
cover, that is like the modern day "Hot Rods" they are
making in CA now (modern parts, classic look)...

Ken

--- BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak
<bobkeys at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu> wrote:
> I saw a PeeCee of that form factor (more like a
> drive case size),
> in surplus.  Mebbie I ought to go ferret the critter
> out and see
> what it is.  I looks like a 386ish thing in a full
> height drive case.
> There were some things like that made for industrial
> use in the early
> PeeCee days.
>
> > Ken
> > (Favorite computer I'd like to see - an iMac built
> > into an enlarged "ADM-3+" terminal case, or an
> Ultra
> > 60 built into a NorthStar-style case w/ Walnut top
> and
> > sides... - ah, that would be *real* retro
> > computing...)
>
> I think a small VAX in a VT100 would do.....(:+}}...

=====
Ken
n2vip at yahoo.com