[rescue] Quadra 700 Max Ram?

Mike Dombrowski rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 31 16:07:31 CST 2001

On 31 Oct 2001, at 15:59, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:

> > What's the most RAM that a Qudra700 will recognize under NetBSD or
> > MacOS 7.5.5?
> >
> > Can I cram 4 16-meg SIMMs in there for 64 megs? The only 16-meg
> > 30-pins I've found are 70ns and faster.
> >
> > Apple Spec sez 20megs is the most and 80ns is the fastest it'll take
> > but I know Applespec lies.
> >
> This time apple spec is correct.

Nope, at least WRT max ram sizes. I had this same arugment with
a friend and then he gave me the Q700 with 68mb in it, it's sitting
beside me. Lowendmac agrees with me:
http://www.lowendmac.com/quadra/q700.shtml

Mike

On a side note, I really dislike much of Lowendmac just because
it's so full of "Why Macs are better than PCs" drivel. But I suppose
some people like to continually be told that they're superior...