[rescue] RE: Powerbook 5XX's

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 31 13:18:04 CST 2001

>> I really want to run.  Oddly enough there are notes out on the web
>> about getting OS X to run on this box even in 68k flavor.  YMMV -
>> heavily!

AW> Uh???!huhuh OS X doesn't run on 68K...... Beavis.

Don't Beavis me! ;P  I know I saw the data - right now I'm mailing the
guy to find out what happened to this link:
(Jag's house - about halfway down the page)
http://www.lowendmac.com/osx/index.shtml

Although I _will_ accept the possibility that this link was Troll in
nature....it does have Rumor on the front of it...

AW> Seriously, Darwin is only available on PPC and x86 at the moment.  OS X
AW> can be forklifted onto 9600's, 9500's, 7500's, 3400's, 8600's, 7300's,
AW> 7600's, 4400's, and 8500's.

I _know_ have seen the data on it being ported to 68k.  It _IS_ there.
I'll post it as soon as I run across it again.
I'm not insane, no, really, I'm not!  *takes medicine* I feel much
better now!

Mike                         mailto:nimitz at owc.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc