[rescue] little SCSI hard drives

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 30 23:04:17 CST 2001

SH> Old SCSI Powerbook hard drives would be ideal, since these will be _for_
SH> old Powerbooks. The other day I asked for old PB stuff, and now I'm the
SH> proud owner of 7 Powerbook 500 series (5 540c's, 1 520c, and a straight
SH> 520).

Congrats!  You weren't the one bidding on E-Bay for them were you?
*grin*

SH> However, all are missing hard drives, most of the batteries appear
SH> hatched (though most have two each, so I have more to fsck up trying to
SH> fix them <grin>) and I only got one A/C adapter for the lot.

The batteries on those are almost always bad and need to be
refurbished.  If you want info contact me off-list, I'm thinking about
writing a mini-FAQ about it.
Get another P/S - they can go rather easily.

SH> They all check out OK otherwise, so needless to say, if anyone needs a
SH> parts machine, let me know!

Get a hold of me, I can't pay much but I would like replacement
plastic for mine.

SH> I know, I know- this isn't an Apple list- however, I know there are some
SH> cross platform folks out there, plus- I trust you folks! I promise not
SH> to harp on the Apple stuff.  .  .

Yeah, this list that has a list-owner that was looking for a Blue and
White G4 for the longest time. *grin*

SH> Oh- one machine did have the apparently almost unobtainium PB5xx PCMCIA
SH> expansion bay, so if you need that before it becomes "RARE- as Seen on
SH> Ebay", let me know <grin>

Wow!  Check which Rev number is on it - if it's Rev C you can probably
get a pretty penny for it as they are definitely made of 90%
unobtanium.

Mike Hebel                          mailto:drone8of9 at crosswinds.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc