[rescue] Flex your Onyx-type software...

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 30 13:02:49 CST 2001

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 01:50:27PM -0500, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> > Picture this.  You are in a CAVE.  You are holding a gun.  Perhaps a
> > Nintendo light gun, perhaps a model toy, whatever.  You have a fast
> > tracker.  You also have a midi controller on the floor for weapons
> > switches, and you are wearing shutter goggles.  The floor senses where you
> > are on it.  All of these things require serial ports.  The ASO provides
> > lots of serial ports.  Voila.
>
> so.  speaking of the CAVE.  how much do those things cost?  how many people
> would it require to pool up their money so that we could buy one?  that would
> kick ass sorts of ass. :)

Well, you need at least 5 projectors, but projectors aren't too
awefull.  It definately is the sort of project that Dave M. could have
afforded once upon a time.  Assuming ownership of Onyx, the MCO would
probably set one back several hundred at least, especially if one has to
go to a place like MXE or reputable.  Plus $500 to $1k each for 5
projectors.

--
Joshua D. Boyd