[rescue] Wooohhhooo XP -> 0 to BSOD in 12min23sec

Steve Sandau rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 27 21:15:23 CDT 2001

For my part, I don't really use any advanced features of MS Office or
Star Office. The test of opening MS files in Star is only useful because
corporate idiots that can't type without MS Word email me Word
documents. They also insist that small charts (like 4x4 matrices) have
to be in Excel instead of a test file. Stupid. But because people I work
with are crippled and rely on Office products, I need to maintain some
type of compatibility. So I use StarOffice 6 beta on a Linux box to read
MS docs in email or on our Netware server...

(Personally, I don't like to use either office like many other people
don't. I use vi and compose my emails in plain text. I rarely use
spreadsheets, use an SQL database when I need a database, and find
PowerPoint to be a complete waste of disk space.)