[rescue] Wooohhhooo XP -> 0 to BSOD in 12min23sec

Dunbar, Brian rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 26 17:27:31 CDT 2001

>>-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Huhn [mailto:kurt at k-huhn.com]
  Bullshit, I said.  GUIs like XP are a crutch, and don't
result in *any* type of performance or productivity enhancements.<<

I support printed circuit designers.  Most use the design tools available on
Windows 2000/NT to do the actual design work .. but when they need to do ANY
file manipulation, most of them launch an X Window directly to the server ..
then use CDE as a terminal window manager and the command line (and command
line driven scripts) to futz with the files themselves.

They're entirely happy doing it this way .. and ALL of the scripts that
massage the project files are in unix anyway.

Brian "Sorry for the MIME encoding" Dunbar