[rescue] OLWM FileManager (was: Just a thought ...)

Sheldon T. Hall rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 25 12:20:27 CDT 2001

In Message: 2 on Thu, 25 Oct 2001 10:30:22 -0400 did David Rouse
<david at rouseworld.org> espouse:

>On Wednesday, October 24, 2001, at 08:16  PM, Ken Hansen wrote:
>
>> Yeah - I have never seen a GUI equivalent of "rm -r *"
>
>This doesn't work anymore, but apparently at one time under Open Windows
>File Manager if you started to drag a directory, and then changed your
>mind and let it go back on top of itself, it would delete the directory
>without updating the display. But that was a bug, not a feature ... I
>think.

Not the only bug in Sol7 olwm's FileMan ... I once had it crash and change
the permissions of everything in the root dir to 777 ... A real PITA.  Of
course, that's better than changing them to 111 or something, so I guess I
should count my blessings.

-Shel