[rescue] xyplex

John Duksta rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 25 09:53:09 CDT 2001

At 02:34 PM 10/24/2001 -0700, bran tregare wrote:
>You're gonna need to put simms in it, the software requires more than the
>1MB on board to run.
>
>  the shipped configs were 3M and 5M
>
>I'm not sure about the flash cards, I know 2M cards will work with the
>older software, but the latest revs of the software for the 1600 requires
>a 4 MB flash apparently.

IIRC, the supported flash cards on the 1600's were
Intel Type-2 Flash: 2, 4, and 8 MB. Somewhere at home
I've got a couple of Official Xyplex 8 meg flash cards
that I kept as souvenirs. :-)

WRT the flash format... I'm pretty sure it was something funky.
I always formatted flash cards in the routers and terminal
servers and then loaded software onto them via tftp.
We had a release engineer that could do the formatting and
software loads from his Sparc, but he was the only person
I knew of there that had that capability.

I'm really straining my memory here. It was a 6 yrs ago
that I worked there, and I didn't do anything with
the terminal servers other than use them as a console
server for the router gear I had in the rack in my cube.

-john