[rescue] Terminal servers (was: Just a thought - what would be a good starter SPARC system these days?)

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 24 09:00:47 CDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 11:04:11PM -0400, Steve Sandau wrote:
> I had a Linux box (a 386!) with a Boca 4-port connected to 4 VT-100
> terminals. Worked great, no problems, had it up, straight, no reboots,
> nothing, for well over 2 years. Uptime on a PC running LInux rolls over
> at 490-something days, so I had to scroll through the logs to find out
> how long it had really been up. Worked great, though.

I didn't think that it has had that problem in quite a number of years
now.  Linux should be fully capable of registering uptimes in the years,
if anyone ever got a linux server to stay up that long. I wish I could see
uptimes anywhere near that good.  The best I've had yet was 90 days, then
a power storm dropped the power.

--
Joshua D. Boyd