[rescue] Just a thought - what would be a good starter SPARC

Steve Sandau rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 23 12:39:26 CDT 2001

With the last couple of Sol8 installs I did (one on a 5 with 64M--works
fine) I skipped the "Install" disk and went right to the software disk 1
of 2. It's bootable and skips all the unnecessary web-based crap.

Another point on installs--I've found that the speed of the CDROM drive
(a stock Sun one can be pretty slow) makes quite a bit of differece in
the overall install time. You think Sol8 on a SPARC5 is slow... try
Win2k on a P233!