[rescue] Sun-HOWTO

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 18 01:23:38 CDT 2001

Ken Hansen <n2vip at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Are we publishing a book or filling a web site with
> content?
>
> straight text is the most malleable format, IMHO

I beg to differ.  Plain text does not contain any structural markup.  In
a large document, consistent structure is vital, both for websites and
for books.  HTML done correctly is suitable, but IMO DocBook and TeX are
*more* suitable, as it is much less easy to break out of the structure
and let presentation triumph over content.

Seeing that Bill has vetoed TeX, I guess we're left with a choice of
DocBook or DocBook.

If you save all your money for three years, you'll be able to afford this
new computer.  If, however, you blow all your money on poker, booze and
loose women - you'll still be able to afford it in three years.
                                                      -- anon, on Usenet