[rescue] CD-R media

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 16 23:08:04 CDT 2001

ZM> A friend of mine has a bunch of those, try holding them up to the light,
ZM> they are almost completely transparent, and when you scratch the label on
ZM> top of the CD with your fingernail (even lightly), it peels off the label,
ZM> and the underlying media.

I'd _had_ some of these!  Do _NOT_ store them for long periods of time
in the CD wallets/books without putting labels on them!  Any, even
minor, heat will stick the plastic to the top of the CD-R and 95% of
the time ruin the disc when you try to remove it.

Even with tweezers. :-(

Mike Hebel                          mailto:drone8of9 at crosswinds.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc