[rescue] WTT: Sun SRC/P RAID cards for Sun 2channel UltraSCSI cards

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 16 06:07:31 CDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 08:58:17PM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> uhm, ahhh.  do i even NEED to point out how silly a policy that is if you have
> hardware raid in your hands?
> policy should NEVER get in the way of common sense.
> -brian

uhm, ahh, may I point out the advantages of having a *consistent* setup
policy?  Out of 80 boxes, I'm not gonna have two oddball systems over in
the corner with hardware RAID....  No matter how cool it might be, how
spiffy it might be, or how many geek points - this is a Large Telecom
Company (tm) and we have Policies and Procedures and Standards.

We do things for a *reason*. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford