[rescue] RS/6000??

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 15 21:32:41 CDT 2001

Nice to know any terminal might work. I can get a 100 or 220, and make
the cable with a pinout. (Failed at the Mac 512 to Linux serial cable,
though...)

Don't know that I'll get software with either of them, so the way it
installs is probably academic. However, with the comments that you and
James made, I'm considering getting the 59H and then *later* figuring
out how to tell my wife. ;) Sound familiar? Sounds like a cool machine,
and she's cool enough to understand (for less than $100 anyway)...

Then I guess I need to figure out how to get an OS, if it doesn't have
one. Can't expect too much for under $50. For that price in the PeeCee
world you*might* get a 286. Hmmm. I could run minix and a web server on
a 286 though...

This 59H says it has all PCI slots free (?). I just wrote to ask about a
network connection, too. We'll see. Did some RS/6000 machines have PCi
architecture, like new Suns?

So fit a PDP-10 into *one* truck? I remeber the one we had being several
refrigerator-sized cases, and slow as... well, you know... as a PDP-10.