[rescue] CD-R media

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 15 15:21:32 CDT 2001

> I got burned bad on cheap CDR media once,  just once.

Let song and dance it to the tune of.....(:+}}...

I got badly burned on these fancy neon frisbee things that try to be
CD's.  The early cd readers can't handle the off-colors very well.
The blue and purple and deep red ones are very problematic in my hands.
The orange and green ones seem to work OK.  But, I prefer the usual
silvery ones, now, exclusively.

> I spend the extra $$ and buy Kodak or Memorex.

Never needed to, as long as the color was good.  I just bought a stack
of 100 cheap silver ones from Office Max, and they are doing fine.
Verbatim, and HP are also good in my hands, but it seems the silver
is most important, colorwise.  It must have to do with the light
sensitivity or color sensitivity of the optics, maybe.

Bob

I paid 20 bucks for 100 of a socalled HI-VAL brand... whatever that is.