[rescue] Minimal web server

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 14 13:58:08 CDT 2001

> > (The 1510 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
> > Port       State       Service
> > 21/tcp     open        ftp
> > 23/tcp     open        telnet
> > 37/tcp     open        time
> > 53/tcp     open        domain

Check /var/log/httpd/error_log (or whatever) to see if anything wierd is
happening.  Also, make sure your virtual host is either set to the domain
your trying to serve, or the IP address.  I usually just set it to the IP.
Another thing, make sure that it actually is opening port 80 for service.

You don't mention where you're testing from, and I'm too lazy to read your
headers.  If the server you're trying to access is on the @home network, and
you're not, you might not ever get through.  @home has blocked 80 and 25
from entering their network - and since 25 (SMTP) doesn't show in your NMAP
scan, and ton's of other ports do, I'm assuming that this might be the case.

Kurt