[rescue] Linux/Sparc

Big Endian rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 12 13:42:00 CDT 2001

Examples of fanaticism:

>Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org).

RMS INSISTS that it be called GNU/Linux because the compiler chain,
libc and other parts of the OS (not everything, even in debian, is
GNU made) came from his GNU project.  He even calls it RedHat
GNU/Linux.  This strikes me as a little Gatesish.

>   It is *Free*    (www.gnu.org/philosophy/)

This debate goes on for ever, and I will not continue it here.
Needless to say I'm not a fan of the GPL.

>   Security        (they actually care - see previous line)

Good for them, so do a *LOT* of linux vendors.  Some don't(redhat in
recent times) but I think most of them are in the same boat here.

>   debian/rules!   (oh yees it dooes!)

self explanitory.

daniel