[rescue] SS2 Debian install

Scott Newell rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 12 10:25:03 CDT 2001

>Excellent point.  The old Sparcs I get are filthy inside from serving as
>someone's room air filters for years of 24/7 usage.

This is something that's bugged me for some time.  Is there a compelling
reason not to make the case run positive pressure?

If you had the power supply fan flow _pushing_ air into the box, you could
place a filter on the intake and cut down on a lot of the dust.  Instead of
sucking dust in through every case hole, joint, connector, and drive bay,
you'd be pushing (fairly) clean air out.

Of course, this arrangement would also heat the incoming air as it flows
through the power supply.

newell