[rescue] Friggin huge list members!

Chad Fernandez rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 12 02:50:24 CDT 2001

Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> I didn't know that hindu's were vegitarian.  I thought they only refused
> to eat beef.  Can't say as I know any hindus though.

I thought it was just not eating beef too.

> > I dont think any less of him for it - it doesent affect
> > me, or my interactions with him every day at the office.
>
> Now, the real question is: Are hindus vegan?

What is a Vegan?  I keep seeing that word tossed around here.

> Seriously though, refusing to eat food for religious reasons is a heck of
> a lot different from the average teeny-bobber or college jerk doing it so
> that they can lord it over others.

I tease a girl at work about it.  She is trying to be a vegatarian.
She's always eating soy based foods from the health food store.  She
buys a lot of here food there, rice, flour, etc.  I can see here point
with being healthy.... I just wouldn't eliminate meat, no matter if red,
white, or dark.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA