[rescue] SSA Disk Capacity?

Derrick Daugherty rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 11 17:01:01 CDT 2001

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

It's rumored that around Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 11:06:42AM -0400
Al Potter <apotter at icsa.net> wrote:
>=20
> OK, I never thought I'd have to deal with this question....
>=20
> One of my colleagues asked me if I could put together a disk array of abo=
ut=20
> 1/2 terrabyte on the cheap.

not answering your initial question..but simple suggestion..

sun's a1k and d1k's could get close.. 436gb..the d1k's are pretty cheap,
but that's a relative term.   As far as third party, I've seen Winchester=
=20
arrays installed in many locations..but I've never purchased one or set
one up.

Or you oculd just buy a scsi tower of some sort and pack it with ibm
100gigers if you don't need any sorta cache etc.

^D

http://www.sun.com/storage/a1000/index.html

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH--