[rescue] Re: Career Rescue - Pray for me

Derrick Daugherty rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 10 11:28:52 CDT 2001

It's rumored that around Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 03:21:55PM -0600
Derrick Daugherty <derrick at blinky-lights.org> wrote:

> same time, migrating 6-7tb of data is no small task..even for
> theoretical situations.
>
> What's the group's opinion, be nice and answer their questions or try
> and weasel some hardware out of them if they won't pay in cash? :)

Thanks for everyone's feedback..I think I'll approach it with the
'consulting lunch' and see if they need more after that ;)

In the mean time, looks like EMC's going to contract me to do some
work..only kicker is it's in San Antonio.  They can't get a RedCrap box
to compile the hba driver, wee.  They claim they're using kernel 2.1.6,
hah.  I assume they mean 2.4.6, but they swear it's 2.1.6 heheh.

now back to the decision of how much to charge heh..hmm, EMC made me pay
insane amounts for their kit... what goes around comes around?

^D