[rescue] What to do with an orphan DEC Professional 350?

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 8 18:27:22 CDT 2001

> Have you seen:
> ftp://ftp.update.uu.se/pub/professional/FAQ/profaq
> (DEC Pro FAQ)
>
> ftp://ftp.update.uu.se/pub/professional/ (DEC Pro
> Software)

No... I will have to check those out... Thanks!

> Oh, and the memory is measured in Kilobytes, not
> Megabytes!

Well, typ;eo.....(:+}}... it only has one card, of 256k, but
I was under the impression that on-board ram was 256k?

> Disksize is limited by the Disk COntroller, I think
> there was a Rev. that took the capacity above 10 Meg
> (or was it 5?)...

Oh, krutch.... I threw out my last 10mb mfm drives about
a year back....keeping the over 100mb ones, just in case.

> Enjoy,
>
> Ken
> (Who's Pro is still working, but I haven't really done
> anything with since Dr., Dave & I got it up again
> (GAWD! was the Phoney-GUI SLOW! "Watch them pixels
> draw the screen!") - I have PO/S 2.X on it now, I'd
> love to get the toolkit on it w/PO/S 3.2a, esp. if I
> can get the compiler for Fortran)

Will try to enjoy... What the heck, for a buck, it needed rescuing....!
If nothing else, the floppy drive can be useful on one of my MVII critters.
Venix was what I was after, for it, though....(:+}}... I have heard about
the PileOfSh$t thingy.....(:+}}... really S L O W....

Bob