[rescue] What to do with an orphan DEC Professional 350?

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 8 11:33:31 CDT 2001

On October 8, BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak wrote:
> Alas, when I got the critter home, it did not have its 10mb hd.
> What kinds of HD's will sub into the 350, and what sorts of DECism
> particular formatting constraints are needed.  I have a couple of
> 120mb mfm drives I have been holding onto, for a RainyDay VAXentoy.
> But if one would work in the 350, that might be a nice target for it.
> What constraints are there on 350 HD's?

  These are the DEC MFM drives:

  RD50 - Seagate ST506
  RD51 - Seagate ST412
  RD52 - Quantum Q540
  RD53 - Micropolis 1325
  RD54 - Maxtor XT2190
  RD31 - Seagate ST225
  RD32 - Seagate ST251

  I've never seen anything but RD50, RD51, and RD52 drives in a Pro.
I'm not sure if the others are supported or not.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Laurel, MD