[rescue] The war begins....

Derrick D. Daugherty rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 7 15:19:17 CDT 2001

It's rumored that around Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 03:08:31PM -0500
Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 01:27:45PM -0600, Derrick D. Daugherty wrote:
> > looks like I won't be leaving a monitor w/o a tvcard for the next 48
> > hours
>
> I havent even looked at teh TV yet.  by getting my news from 3-4 different
> online sources, I can get a much "broader" perspective thats not too skewed
> by some media company's policies.

On the 11th I found IRC and mailing lists to be the most productive
sources of info.  CNN also had an irc server that has the closed
captioning..i don't recall..i think it was chat.ccn.com

nc -vvz chat.cnn.com 6667
chat.cnn.com [207.25.80.139] 6667 (ircd) open
 sent 0, rcvd 0

looks like it

the more sources the better, I won't rule tv out

NPR is also very informative, and they have live feeds (npr.org)

^D