[rescue] Script Kiddies (Was: FW: Sun Microsystems...)

Phil Schilling rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 7 05:10:44 CDT 2001

"Derrick D. Daugherty" wrote:

> It's rumored that around Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 06:01:33PM -0400
> Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
>
> > profs want you to know.  Back in, say, the 1970s, computer courses
> > were far less common...

> Complete sense.  I think both points are explained to me by the
> increases in technology.  "computer experts" of now don't need to know
> all that stuff.

I started a rant that I decided not to finish on this subject.  At least
once a week, I get a call that begins "We had a guy that 'knows a lot'
about computers try to fix this. And twice this week alone had messages
from people who are just starting up their own business with computers
and want to tell me how beneficial they could be to me and my business.
We have a local community college kicking out masses of these clueless
M$ certified morons.  They push out people that don't have a clue how
networks or machines function.  I had an argument a week ago with a
'software engineer' who told me that if I would just run netbuei instead
of tcp/ip his software would run much better.  I'm sure that netbuei
across 25 machines would be fun to watch on the switches.  Lots of
blinky lights.

I can only say that after 20+ years in this line,
1. I learn something every day.
2. If I stop learning, it is time to get out.
3. If you don't understand how the machine works, how will you ever fix
it?

I do not express myself well in writing and sit back and read the list
posts without much interaction.  I envy those of you who do not have to
expose themselves to M$ crap.

Thank you for putting up with my small rant, and if I had your ear in
person could give you a good hour of real ranting on this subject.

Phil

--
Phil Schilling
GCS Tech