[rescue] Script Kiddies (Was: FW: Sun Microsystems...)

Mike Meredith rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 6 15:00:36 CDT 2001

On Saturday 06 October 2001 20:25, you wrote:
> You know, if you get them early, they can be salvaged.  Some of them
> can even grow up to be decent 'ackers if turned to the light side at
> the right time...

Of course there's also those who train them and turn them even further
to the dark side ...

A few years ago when I started working in my current place, I noticed a
few oddities on one of the academic systems (AS2100), which turned out
to be rampaging hordes of script kiddies, crackers, and other assorted
low-lifes crawling through the system.

During the clear up, I came across signs that it was being used as a
training ground for wannabee crackers complete with comments by better
ones on their technique :)