[rescue] Type 4 keyboards

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 5 23:45:42 CDT 2001

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Anybody know if these actually *work*?

I've never tried one.  Let us know if you do, my old Omnikey would be nice
to haul out if/when I get a box with USB for the primary console.

> I have one of the black SGI USB keyboards (made by Siltek); but I cant use
> it - because its the model that *also* has a PS/2 mouse interface on the
> keyboard, even though there's no "port" on the keyboard to plug one into -

Use a PS/2 Y-connector.  The pins used for the kb and mouse signals are
different, this should be identical to using a keyboard that lets you
daisy chain the mouse through.

-James