[rescue] FW: Sun Microsystems to Cut Jobs, Sees Wider-Than-Expected Loss

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 5 15:52:02 CDT 2001

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 04:34:59PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   It's suitspeak, man.  When I get some Free Time(tm) I plan to
> implement a filter that bit-buckets any email containing any of the
> words or phrases in my "suitspeak" archive:
>
> enterprise

If you cut this, you will lose all emails refering to Star Trek or our
Navy.  How can you live with out those?

> action item

I hate that phrase.  I think anyone who uses it seriously should literally
have PHB or Managerial Putz tattooed on their forehead.

> isdn

OK, what is wrong with ISDN?  If there is no DSL or cable in the area, it
is the next best thing.

> key

So, what did you say your SSH key was again?

> visionary

Darn it, how are we supposed to talk about Seymour Cray then?

Perhaps a neural net could be built to filter things based on combinations
and frequency.  So, posts about Star Trek or SSH would be allow through,
but posts about an growth enterprise realizing visionary synergy by
following certain key action items would get trashed.

--
Joshua D. Boyd