[rescue] Anyone got a Sun badged Laserwriter printer manual?

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 3 15:09:53 CDT 2001

I am still stuck with a non-printing Sun badged Apple Laserwriter printer.
I am probably doing something stupid with it that it is not working (doh!).
But, I know the 670MP it is hooked to is working fine, because I also have
a standard Laserjet II with Adobe Postscript cartrige printing fine from
the machine.

Anyone in the rescue crewe got a manual for this Sun badged Apple Laser-
writer thing, handy?

I particularly need info on which port Sun is supposed to be printing to
(I am trying to use the db25 serial port, and there are also a 4 pin mini
din and a 9 pin mini din port on the SUN badged interface card), and on
what the little dual dip switch settings are.

Maybe this Sun M6000 critter has a wierd interface relative to a stock
laserwriter.

The interface as a Sun label.

|   SUN Microsystems                                                   |
|   4pindin                            switch                9pindin   |

There is a switch on the back with two dip paddles.  Is there anything
strange about setting that up?  Right now it is:

     --------------------------
     |                        |
     |                        |
     |     UP                 |
     |                        |
     |                        |
     |                        |
     |                        |
     |                        |
     |             DOWN       |

Does it do anything that needs to be set differently?

The machine is a Sun  365-1041-01  Model M6000.... but on the side is
a Sun badge, and also the Apple Laserwriter logo, so, I am assuming it
is probably a stock Apple Laserwriter with Sun labels stuck on.

Thanks for any infobits....(:+}}...

Bob