You, too, can be an Author! (was Re: [rescue] Cheap 4/6xx RAM)

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 2 14:08:52 CDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 02:15:35PM -0400, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> Two things to consider about being an "arthur," as Molly Ivins says:
> (a) No one cares.

Yep.  My name isnt even listed on the chapter I wrote for the Sol8
book; just in the list of authors.

> (b) It doesn't pay.

Yep.  I made $350 for writing the chapter; they paid me per-page as a
contractor, basically, and I dont get any further royalties.  I'm unlikely
to do this again unless someone asks nicely, and then only for the "cool
I'm published" factor and not as a way to make money.  I can make $350 in
six hours or so doing consulting work locally, and I spent way more than six
hours on the chapter.

Hrm.  SunHELP Press... 8-)

People on the list could write stuff, we could "publish" it in PDF...

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net