[rescue] DEC PWS 433/500a

Richard Fredriksson rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 2 12:18:48 CDT 2001

Hi.

This is my first post to the list, so please; be gentle. =)

I'm being offered a DEC Personal Workstation 433 or 500 (my choice) for $55 /
$70. No ram or disk. Is this a fair price? Seems really cheap to me.

I'm thinking of buying one and us it as my main workstation and put my PC to
use somewhere else. The O/S of choice would be FreeBSD. So, I would like to
hear any experience you might have had with these, good or bad.

Could I just buy some cheap standard PC133 SDRAM and use? How is the
performance compared to other computers?

Thanks,
Richard