[rescue] SS2 SS10 not able to see disks......

Rob Bains rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 1 00:09:12 CDT 2001

--------------AFFBACA5FDBABA27E249D4FA

Anyone had this happen to them before?  I've got a SS2 with 64M RAM, and
a SS10 also with 64M RAM. When I boot the machines, I get:

SCSI Device 3, 0 is not responding
Can't open boot device

Now, is this as simple as putting the OS on the disk, is there something
even simpler that I'm being mentally challenged about?...;-p

Shouldn't the machine be able to see the disk any way at boot time
regardless of whether or not it has OS on it?

So far, I've tried:

Booting both with two different disks (Seagate ST30xxx), & Quantum
(can't remember the exact product ID's).
Changing jumpers on the disks to change SCSI ID's (same problem)
Installing OS on the disk by booting from the CD (Sol 2.5.1, & 2.6, just
to be safe)
Doing probe-scsi (came back to the ok prompt without reporting any
errors)

What's up with this? Anyone has any ideas?  Please help!

=== >> Rob

--------------AFFBACA5FDBABA27E249D4FA

begin:vcard
n:Bains;Rob