[rescue] Re: [geeks] new list: RANTS

Derrick D. Daugherty rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 28 18:17:48 CST 2001

It's rumored that around Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 10:04:50AM -0500
Andrew Weiss <ajwdsp at cloud9.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Derrick D. Daugherty wrote:
>
> > Holy shite!  NEVER!  If you're 0, think before you hit return.
> >
> > Note to self, don't hire AJ :P
>
> Heh actually I've never done that without meaning to.
>
> I've just heard of other people I've respected doing such things at least
> once.

Ahh, understood.  Reading the horror stories that Bill posted reaffirms
my belief that most humans are idiots.  I'd be livid if one of my admins
did such things.  They would not be having any unixsex that night ;)

The guy who kept rm'ing /etc/passwd.  He'd be throttled in the head then
fired :)

I've seen newbies unlink /etc and /dev/zero before..but that was the
result of cruel BOFH advice on IRC.

^D