[rescue] Re: [geeks] new list: RANTS

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 28 08:03:04 CST 2001

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 05:31:26PM -0500, Andrew Weiss wrote:
>                                           Even smart people screw up.  I
> think you're just lucky it didn't involve 180 degree liquids.  How many
> times have savvy admins accidentally rm -rf /'ed...?

Yes, but smart people realise that they only have themselves to blame.  I've
fucked up with hot water, hot oil, electricity, heavy weights, and falling
from significant heights.  When I have an accident, I blame the person whose
stupid fault it was.  That's frequently me.  It's my fault if I spill hot
tea on my fingers like I did this morning (from a styrofoam cup, funnily).

Another example, I recently fractured a bone in my foot because I fell off
some scaffolding I was climbing whilst drunk.  Do I sue the scaffolders for
not preventing me from being an idiot?  No, of course not.  It was my own
stupid fault and I deserved everything I got.

      We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity
      has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
                                                -- Richard Dawkins