[rescue] Re: [geeks] new list: RANTS

Andrew Weiss rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 27 16:31:26 CST 2001

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On November 27, Chad Fernandez wrote:
> > Styrofoam is a pretty good insulator, guys.
>
>   Too bad it can't be used to insulate people from STUPIDITY!!
>
>   Sheesh.
>
>      -Dave

Yeah stupidity sucks Dave, but don't tell me that you've never done
something idiotic in your entire lifetime.  Even smart people screw up.  I
think you're just lucky it didn't involve 180 degree liquids.  How many
times have savvy admins accidentally rm -rf /'ed...?

AJ

News Flash: Steve Balmer announces a new Microsoft backed open source
project with the phrase, "After free Beer, IP Freely."

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01