[rescue] pkgadd failure - checkinstall

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 27 14:46:18 CST 2001

Hi,

I posted this on SunHELP, but haven't had any responses (I know, it
hasn't been that long...), and there are folks here who aren't there, so
I crosspost. So shoot me.

I seem to be having a problem adding packages or patches to my system
(Ultra 10 with a fresh install of Solaris 8). It fails with an error
that says

pkgadd: ERROR: checkinstall script did not complete successfully

I can run the checkinstall script manually with no problems, but when I
try to run pkgadd or install a patch cluster, it fails miserably.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

---sambo