[rescue] Re: [geeks] new list: RANTS

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 27 08:24:42 CST 2001

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 11:49:57PM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:
> Or the thief that broke into someone's house and broke his leg.  He
> sued the people for negligence and won several thousands of dollars.
> Then there's the lady who spilled McDonald's coffee on herself and
> sued McDonald's because nothing said that the coffee was hot on the
> cup.

Err, I don't know all the details of the McDonalds case, but my understanding
is that in that case the coffee was truly too hot, and she had to get skin
grafts.  Further, she may not have had any choice in sueing McDonalds, since
insurance companies don't want to pay out for you if they can make you sue
someone else to cover the claim.

--
Joshua D. Boyd