Pumping Gas (was: St. Pete (was RE: [rescue] Sun Ray Thoughts?))

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 26 10:01:25 CST 2001

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> Yet another sign of the times we live in. Attendant doesn't care. Which is the
> same as "not my station, I don't care." too many folks do not care about what
> they do anymore. There are convenience stores I will not go into due to shitty
> indifferent employees. My fav was when I was looking for a particular item, I
> asked the clerk whom was sitting on a stool behind the counter reading a
> wrestling magazine "do you have this <insert item here>?" the answer was
> 'dunno'. Didn't even bother to look up form the magazine.

> People suck.

While I agree with you about people's attitudes, keep in mind that most
employers care even less about the employees.  So, if you were earning
minimum wage and the company you work for doesn't really care about you
other than you showing up, would you care a whole lot?

Granted, there's something to be said for doing something well.  But how
many people just on this list have been burned BECAUSE they did something
well?  How many have seen the guy who is indispensible because he does
his job just poorly enough to keep himself always busy?

Guess I'm just rambling now...

--Kurt

[sending off to geeks]